Common examples of personal information are an individual’s name, signature, photo, address, and telephone number.
Unless required by law or where you consent for us to do so, we generally do not collect sensitive information about you. We will not collect sensitive information about you where this is expressly prohibited by local law. Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- Biometric and health information;
- Criminal convictions;
- Membership of professional or trade associations or unions;
- Political affiliations or views;
- Religious beliefs;
- Sexual orientation and sexual life;
- Information about your affiliation with certain organizations, such as professional associations.
Collection and disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any other third party except where required to by law, where you have authorized us to do so, or where disclosure is connected to the purposes for which the information was collected.
We may use service providers to perform specialized services on our behalf such as marketing, mail distribution or data processing. Our service providers may at times be responsible for processing or handling personal information. They are provided only the information necessary to perform the services. In addition, we require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy policies and security practices.
We do not sell Personal Information to other organizations.
Access to your information is restricted to authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose for using it. Unauthorized use and or disclosure of client information by an employee of SPI is strictly prohibited. All employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of client information at all times and failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal.
In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
When you visit our website, we (or our service providers in connection with the website) may use technology to collect information to assist us with administering the website and with enhancing the content and facilities on the website. An example of the technology that we use is “cookies”.
A “cookie” is a packet of information placed on a user’s computer by a website. The purposes for which cookies are used on this website may include:
- Enabling access to online services;
- Managing advertising – we may use advertising companies to deliver our online advertising. When you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using; and
- Monitoring web traffic – we may use tracking companies to gather information about how people are using the SPI website, this information includes time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer you are using.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Our Website may contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and/or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please familiarize yourself with these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
SPI takes steps to ensure that appropriate standards of privacy practice and security are applied when we handle personal information. Regardless of your jurisdiction, you have the right to access and correct the Personal Information we hold about you.